When you are thinking of getting a weight loss surgery both the mini gastric bypass surgery and the gastric bypass surgery in las vegasare very good options to consider. They both are very effective and help in getting significant loss in weight. To choose the option for you, we have come up with a guide to clear the confusions and make it helpful for you.
mini bypass vs gastric bypass
What is the gastric bypass surgery?
In this form of surgery, the surgeon will form a pouch on the stomach that will shrink the stomach size to 5-10% while also keeping the rest of the stomach to aid in the secretion of digestive juices.
What is mini gastric bypass?
The mini gastric is somewhat similar to the gastric bypass. This too involves the creation of a small stomach pouch which is shaped like a tube. It bypasses about 20% of the small intestine.
The differences between mini gastric bypass vs gastric bypass
- Gastric Bypass surgery will implement a new egg sized pouch for holding just two ounces of food whereas the mini bypass surgery will have a pouch which will enable the holding of about four to six ounces of food instead of the 40 it used to hold before.
- The gastric bypass has slightly more complications as it has two connections to the intestines. The mini gastric bypass is less complicated compared to the former as it has only one connection to the intestine.
- The gastric bypass surgery patients need to be on vitamin supplements for the rest of their lives in order to aid their digestion. Mini bypass patients also need to be on vitamins for the rest of their lives to aid in digestion.
- The procedure time for the gastric bypass is much more than that of the mini bypass surgery. The gastric bypass could take up to 2.5 hours whereas the procedure time for the mini gastric bypass is around 1.5 hours.
- The mini gastric surgery is a newly formed method and is not that very well known whereas the gastric bypass surgery is very well known and therefore are the side effects.
- The gastric bypass is expensive but is usually covered by insurance. The mini gastric bypass is a much newer procedure and could not be covered by your insurance, but it is relatively cheaper.
After your gastric bypass surgery in Las Vegas, make sure to follow this diet.