A gastric sleeve surgery in Tijuana, Mexico is the most sought after weight loss surgery in the region. Also known as sleeve gastrectomy, the procedure has long term results and helps in a drastic weight loss in a short period.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery is for those who need to lose 65 pounds or more, and have tried multiple methods to lose weight without undergoing surgery. When nothing works for them, weight loss surgery comes as a saviour.
There are many benefits of gastric sleeve surgery and hence the popularity. Some of these benefits are:
- A long term respite from type II diabetes in obese patients
- Risk of deadly cardiovascular disorders is reduced to a great extent
- Cholesterol levels and blood pressure come down to normal levels
- Relief and reduced risk from sleep apnea which helps in avoiding the use of CPAP machine at bedtime
- Relief from joint pains as after the surgery they do not have to bear the strain from excess weight
- Very limited use of pain medications as the joint and muscle pains are relieved due to reduced weight
- Weight loss surgery also improves fertility – a fact that many people do not know
Some of the psychological benefits of Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Tijuana, Mexico are:
- Improved body image leads to an improvement in self-confidence with all the excess weight lost
- Social stigmas around obesity might lead obese individuals towards depression. This can change after the weight loss surgery when people start realising their self-worth and feeling more confident about themselves.
- Relationships improve as you start going out and meeting your family and friends, and attending social gatherings
- Improved emotional health which reflects on the personality and mental health of the previously obese individual
An improved social life is another benefit of weight loss surgery. For those who kept themselves indoors and avoided socialising, this is a turning point. With more confidence, a healthy lifestyle, and a socially fulfilling personal life, one can lead a beautiful life.
Along with the benefits of the surgery, there are many precautions and lifestyle changes that individuals need to adapt to for best and prolonged results of the surgery. Some of these include following a strict healthy diet, staying hydrated all the time, and regularly exercising. Undergoing a weight loss surgery is a life-long commitment and is worth for living a physically, mentally, and socially healthy life.