The world is getting so busy and competitive these days. On one hand where people are getting more involved in development and rising themselves similarly on the other hand they are getting very casual while having a look on to their health. This is the big reason that people are having various diseases. From small headache to hypertension people are suffering from serious and chronic diseases like Diabetes.
It is really sad that this word “Diabetes” is becoming so common as if it is not a disease but a famous game or a latest fashion. This is indeed a deeply worrying issue. Unfortunately, the rate of diabetic patients has increased day by day as our lifestyles have become increasingly sedentary, and we’ve seen an explosion of processed, high-sugar and fast-food options.
Along with this the numbers are getting worse and higher due to the poor diet choices and lower levels of physical activity increase the risk for obesity, which is the most powerful determinant of diabetes.
So, refrain yourself from the risk of having diabetes by replacing your high carb diet to “low carb diet”. As there is a famous saying “Precaution is better than Cure.”
Now for all those who are afraid or a carrier of diabetes, here are the low carb diet food options they can switch to:
Foods containing lesser amount of carbohydrates are extremely beneficial for your health as they help in losing weight, keep your heart healthy and control the blood sugar level, which is very important for diabetes patients. This is the main source of energy for the brain and the body.
- Tomato – It is considered to be one of the best low carb foods for diabetic patients. This vegetable is extremely beneficial for your health and it contains vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber and potassium. The antioxidants present in tomato helps in protecting your body from being affected by various diseases.
- Almonds – Are considered to be very good low carb food for diabetes patients. Even though almonds are rich source of fats, protein and fiber, they are immensely helpful in weightloss also.
- Broccoli – Vegetable which contains low amount of carbohydrates is broccoli. It contains high amounts of fiber, and iron which is very profitable for your health.Consuming this vegetable is great for people suffering from the problem of diabetes.
- Cucumber – It contains low amount of carbs, and it is favourable for diabetes patients because it helps in lowering the blood sugar level.
- Olive oil – it is a very popular low carb food and this is a must have for diabetes patients. The antioxidant properties of olive oil help in protecting the cells from damage and also help in reducing the blood sugar level.
- Avocados – It is also an important low carb food which is salutory for people suffering from the disease of diabetes as it helps in lowering the level of blood sugar.
- Oranges – Oranges are diabetic friendly fruit as it contains vitamin C, folate and potassium, which can help normalise blood pressure and lowers blood sugar levels.
- Apricot – This fruit jewel is also a good choice for a diabetic diet plan as it is a good source of fiber, and one of the best recommended fruit in low carb diet plan.
- Smoothie: Low carb Smoothie is one of the trending drink for all food cravers.
Low carb diet for managing diabetes is one of the best ways to achieve better blood sugar level. Diabetics may need to take large dosages of insulin and/or diabetes medication. So it is always our personal recommendation that those who have diabetes and they are planning to switch to low carb diet plan they can talk to their physician before changing their diet.