Dental phobia or anxiety is one of significant reasons of avoiding dental care, especially on procedures like wisdom teeth removal Sydney. In fact, it is frequently encountered problem among patients. About 50million Australians avoid the dentist and dental procedure due to fear and anxiety. So, your dentist recommends wisdom teeth removal Sydney and you are scared. But, why fear of the procedure? It is a standard procedure in Australia and millions of Aussies extract their wisdom teeth.
In fact, delaying wisdom teeth removal could actually cost you more and lead to various dental issues. Yes, if left untreated, impacted wisdom teeth can lead to oral issues which can require additional dental treatments.
Why wisdom teeth removal Sydney is necessary?
- Damage to shrouding teeth: the wisdom teeth can push other teeth around, causing mouth pain and bite problems.
- Jaw damage: If a wisdom teeth has become impacted and not extracted, it is likely to form the Cysts can form around the new teeth. If they aren’t treated, they can hollow out your jaw and damage nerves.
- Sinus Issues: Impacted wisdom teeth can cause sinus issues such as pain, pressure, and congestion.
- Gum disease: Tissue around the wisdom teeth can swell and cause infection as it is hard to clean.
- Cavities: Swollen gums and infected tissue can create pockets between teeth that help bacteria grow and cavities form.
- Alignment: Impacted wisdom teeth can cause problems with crowding of other teeth and can undo your years of orthodontic work.
Tips for staying calm during cheap wisdom teeth removal Sydney:-
- If you are tense or anxious, speak to your dentist and dental staff. The dentist will clear your entire doubts and help you cope with the dental anxiety. Expressing your concerns will help your dentist adapt the treatment to your needs.
- Choose sedation dentistry as it is boon for both the patient and dentist. While it helps you stay calm during the wisdom tooth extraction, it allows the dentist make you feel calm and cooperative. But, remember, the sedation option you choose will be added to the wisdom teeth removal cost Sydney.
- Generally, if you are nervous, you may tend to tend to hold your breath, which decreases oxygen levels and further increases feelings of panic. A focus on slow, deep breaths during and before the procedure helps reducing your stress levels.
- If the sound of the drill bothers you, bring along your favourite music and earphones.
- Select a time for your dental visit when you’re less likely to be rushed or under pressure.
Hope these tips help you manage your anxiety on the day of wisdom teeth removal surgery.